Monday, November 24, 2008

Good Times

This past weekend was a good one. Mike and I got so much done and still had time to play. It's been a while since I have had the energy to complete any household projects or run many errands. We decided to put up some much needed shelves in our garage so we could organize it and get all the storage out of the house and in the garage where it belongs. Just in case anyone else is looking to do the same thing here's a helpful tip: don't buy pre-made shelves. We went to Lowes and were looking at getting pre-made shelves and to do 8 shelves it would have cost us over 150 dollars. Instead we decided to buy sub-flooring in sheets and cut it to size. I'm so glad we did that instead. The total ended up being less than 50 dollars. My favorite part of this whole thing is the smell of my garage lol. I LOVE the smell of the wood we bought. I could stand in there doing nothing, just sniffing, for hours lol. That's gotta be a pregnancy symptom right? :)

Mike and I also decided we needed a new tv. A couple of years ago Mike won a big screen tv in a drawing at the gym we went to but that tv is kind of stone age now lol. It's a projection tv and we recently broke where the satellite plugs in so watching tv on it is kind of a pain. We also realized he and I have never purchased a tv together. So, we decided Christmas would come early this year and we went and bought a nice plasma tv that actually works! Mike was sooooo excited! He is excited for the superbowl even more now.

Speaking of football Mike had another game last Saturday. The Aces (his team) played the Scorpions who just happen to be the best team in the league. Mike did so awesome! He's the captain of the defense so he basically got to decide who does what. He got like 15 tackles in the game. I had so much fun watching him play and this time I was all pissed off. Last week the team wasn't playing well together and they were making a lot of mistakes. This week they played like a team and the defense really got the job done. Unfortunately the offense is still lacking a little bit and they couldn't get us quite there but they also did much better than last week. Mike's brother Mark got a mild concussion and had to go to the hospital but he's ok now. I'm looking forward to next week's game. Our coach talked to the other team's coach and found out that a lot of their strategy for next week's game is to stop Mike. He got some attention at this last game and he has people worried. Awesome! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment