Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Sunday was Mike's first Father's Day. We had such a great time. I surprised Mike with his gift, a new grill. Our old grill was actually his parent's old one. I switched out the old one with the new one and covered it with a new grill cover while he was at football practice Saturday morning. We had a BBQ scheduled for Saturday at 1 so at about 12 I took him to the deck and said, "Hey honey look I bought you a grill cover for Father's Day!" He looked at it and said, "Oh cool." He looked a little closer and said, "You bought me a new grill too!" He was so excited he ran to the grill and took the cover off. The weather Saturday was horrible so we snapped a couple quick pictures in the rain and went back inside. He grilled the chicken for the BBQ in the rain and swears is was still fun lol. Sunday was such a nice day at our house that we decided to grill some more. He made a steak, corn on the cob, and potato dinner. It was awesome. We spent the rest of the day lounging in the pool with Jaxson and playing Mario Kart inside. All in all we had a pretty chill weekend. I love Mike so much. He's a perfect father and husband. I can't imagine what my life would be like without him. I love our little family so much and wouldn't change a thing about it. I love that I have fun with Mike no matter what we're doing. He is truly my better half and I want to thank him for taking such good care of Jaxson and I. He does so much for me and helps me be a better person. I know Mike will be a great role model to Jaxson. Every little boy looks up to his dad and Jaxson is so lucky to have a dad like Mike. I'll add the pictures we took over the weekend as soon as I have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment