Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Well That Sucks...

Well that sucks... My boss decided to end the work at home program we've had for about 3 years now. I never really wanted to work from home until I got pregnant and my priorities changed. I worked from home for the last 3 or so months of my pregnancy but by the time my maternity leave was up they had decided to pull the work at home people back in with promise of sending us back home come January. Well they changed their minds. No more working from home in my PJs. :( Stupid work. I was so upset about this when I found out because I REALLY hate being a full time working mom. I love Jaxson and I want to be the one to raise him. Mike and I talked about this for quite a while and at first it was more like a pity party than a conversation. It was full of "poor me's" and "it's not fair's" but in the end we came to realize how great we really have it. Mike and I are happily married with the most beautiful baby boy we could ever hope for. We have a roof over our head and food on the table. I want to be there with Jaxson but my job is to take care of him and make sure he's ok and right now that means working. How selfish would I be to quit or go part time before we can afford it? In the end that would only hurt Jaxson and my family. Mike and I are still working things out so I can go part time in January but I'm glad we sat down and talked about the real possibility that I will have to stay working full time. I know how hard it has been for him this whole time. If you know Mike you know he's not really the "stay-at-home-Dad" type of guy lol. He's so excited for January to come. He and his brothers are trying out for Weber State and U of U's football teams. He's almost positive he will make Weber's team but I'm making sure he doesn't just settle for the first thing that comes around. Mike going to school is one of the best things he can do for this family and I'm SO excited for him! Since he's Navajo there are additional scholarships he can apply for and all that. He's been talking to counselors and stuff to get ready and because of his GPA and high test scores it will be very easy for him to get enough money to pay for school and probably living expenses too. As soon as I decide what I want to go to school for I'll be there with him. Too bad we got a 5 year late start on the college thing but better late than never, right? :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Good for you both! I'm so excited that things will work out even through the bad news of the the program ending!

    Way to keep a positive outlook! You rock Heather!

    ReplyDelete