Thursday, January 29, 2009

Only 6 Weeks Left

Well everyone is right... the end of pregnancy takes the longest. I have 6 weeks left and I swear 2 months ago I had 7 weeks left. It doesn't help that my job is tax related and this is the busiest time of year. Between the stress of getting ready for the baby and working 12 hours a day at work, I'm beat! The 6 weeks I get off for maternity leave is looking better and better every day. I'm also looking forward to next month. I finally get to have my baby showers next. Mike doesn't want me buying anything for the baby until after I have my baby showers. Our 4th anniversary is February 18th too. It's hard to believe it has really been 4 years. I still feel like that kid out of high school who had a crush on a boy. It's crazy how things change and evolve. I wouldn't change my life for anything. Mike is the best thing that has ever happened to me and every time I look at him I'm reminded of what a great person he is. We make a great team and I'm excited to add the missing link to our little family. I can't wait to see Mike being a Daddy. I even made him change my nephew's diaper the other day... well sort of lol. I wanted him to do all of it but then I realized that really has never even attempted to change a diaper and he could use a little help. It was pretty cute watching him play with my nephew Royce. I love how Mike talks to any child, no matter what age, like an adult. He asks them questions even if they can't talk and gives them advice on things. It's priceless. He's going to be such a great dad when Jaxson gets here. Jaxson is lucky to have him!

3 comments:

  1. I soooooo agree with you here... Even just the last week has felt like a month at least... But we're SO close!! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! He'll be here before you know it and then time will seem to fly by and you won't want them to grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only 6 weeks, that is crazy! Hang in there sweetie, and keep us posted on the baby shower, can't wait to see him!

    ReplyDelete