Ok so this post is going to be kind of random.
I'm sitting at my house as my child sleeps and my man is away doing football things.
First thing on my mind: Religion. WTF?! I was raised in an LDS home (just like most of the kids in UT). When I graduated and moved into my own place I was FINALLY able to make my own decisions with my own consequences. One of those decisions was to stop going to the LDS church. I decided it was stupid for me to go and pretend, for the benefit of other people, that I believed what they did. I still believe that. Well that doesn't really have anything to do with the whole point of this rant... Why is it that when I was all religious and never did anything or partied or whatever, all my friends did... and now that I'm finally coming into my own skin and enjoying my life with my friends, they all decide to get baptized and all that?? Freak! Just seems like a bunch of BS to me. To any friends or family of mine who are reading this that started doing the whole religion thing: don't get offended just because I shared my OPINION.
Ok I'm moving on because I kind of lost my train of thought on that.
Second thing: We had the talk. I'll explain. When I started dating Mike I had never drank alcohol or anything like that. About a year after we got together I started drinking things like chick beer and blended drinks. I chose not to tell my parents or siblings that Mike and I drank for a couple of reasons. My parents are very against it. I honestly thought my family would judge me. I thought my siblings wouldn't trust me alone with their kids or that my mom would tell everyone I was an alcoholic and make it into a big deal. Anyway so that's why we kept it on the DL. Well over the years my brother Chris found out. He lived with us for a while. Chris and I have always been close. He's not judgemental or anything like that. Recently my sister Danielle came over and totally saw a bunch of empty beer cans from Mike and his friends lol (my bad). I figured it was about time to just let it out and get it over with. I was at breakfast with my sister, brother and mom. I was showing her pictures and one of them was a South Park avatar I made for Mike that had a beer in his hand. Well long story short we talked and I admitted Mike and I drink occasionally. The whole experience was different than I anticipated. It wasn't a big deal at all. Not sure if it will stay this way... Dad doesn't know yet lol.
Anyway so there's my random rant for the day. Moral of the story? Religion=Annoying (personal opinion of course lol)
K, bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment