Monday, August 10, 2009
5 Months Today... Seriously?
I can't believe it. It has been 5 whole months since I met Jaxson for the first time. Babies change so fast and so much it's really incredible. You get used to being around other adults all the time who look the same month after month (give or take a few pounds lol). Jaxson looks different every week. He learns something new every day. He's changing and growing and learning all the time and it's so much fun to watch him. He has those bright, curious, innocent eyes that want to take everything in. He loves people. He loves meeting new people and seeing new faces. He especially loves to be talked to and played with, no matter who you are. He is learning how to be soft and feel new things. He LOVES his puppies Kronk and Cena. Kronk has soft hair and Cena has coarse fur. You can tell that Jaxson can feel the difference. Jaxson is getting better at letting us know when he's upset too. He yells at us and sometimes even growls lol. It's pretty funny to watch a little baby try to intimidate Mike. Needless to say it hasn't worked quite yet ;) Jaxson has learned how to roll from his back to his front now and he looks so impressed with himself every time he does it. He's getting pretty good at sitting up too. He definitely prefers standing or sitting to laying on his back. I wouldn't be surprised if he learned how to sit up on his own pretty soon. I still get caught off guard by how much he knows and understands already. Everything seems to happen so fast it's hard to stop and enjoy the moment. I know every mom goes through this as their baby grows up but it's still so new to me. I used to watch my sisters and think they were so foreign. There they were with these tiny little babies and to be honest I used to be glad I wasn't one of them lol. I had no idea what they were going through as a mom. Being a mom is totally different than what thought. I used to think the mom's club was dorky haha. Then I realized that there's so much more to life and kids are so great! Jaxson has made my life so much better and he makes me want to be a better person too. That kid melts my heart. There's really nothing better to me than sitting at home next to Mike with Jaxson in my arms and the dogs next to us. That's really such a blessing! I've really been trying to appreciate the little joys in life. I know there are more than a couple people out there that are having hard times right now. It's easy to get a little down and focus on all the things that are going wrong. If I didn't have Mike around reminding me of how great life is I might have gone crazy by now lol. I also have great friends and family that help me see the good in life and make this whole "life" thing a little easier. I owe a lot to Mike for putting up with me and all my crap for the last 4 or so years lol. I feel like this post has been really gushy and lame but I seriously can't help it! I've totally turned into my mom lol (please note: not a bad thing lol). Anyway, I should have some recent pictures of Jaxson to post soon and maybe I'll even throw in a few of Mike and I too lol. Bye til then!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment